Bobos Remi Weaving Hair Extensions are made from young healthy hair; Remi is not a brand name. The term refers to the features of the collection of the hair. The hair is selected strand by strand to ensure the cuticle layers are aligned in the same direction to minimize tangling and shedding. The hair is shinier, softer, and more durable than non-Remi hair.
Q: Can I brush, curl, blow dry and wash my hair extensions?
A: You can blow dry, curl, brush, and wash 100% Human hair extensions. When brushing, be careful, and if you have a tangle(s), hold the hair while you brush it to avoid tugging start from the bottom and work your way up to the roots. Wash as directed and air dry for longer lasting hair.
Q: What types of hair products should you use?
A: In order to maintain the hair as healthy as possible use sulfate free shampoos, conditioners, and styling products that add moisture back into the hair. It is best to use sulfate free based products.
Q: Virgin Hair Extensions
A: Virgin human hair is an expression to describe hair as not being chemically altered in any way. These consist of dyes, perms, bleaching, or any other process that changes the hair. The texture of virgin hair is usually straight, wavy or curly in texture. Sometimes, virgin hair texture may be altered to make curls and waves using a high pressure and heat method. The hair is still considered as virgin because no chemical processing is used.
Q: What are the types of Hair Extensions?
1. Weaving: Create tracks on the individuals head by braiding their hair and then sew the hair extensions on to the braid.
2. Braiding: Add hair extensions by braiding them in individually.
3. U-Tip: "U" shaped glue is already on the tip of the hair ready to be attached using extension iron.
4. I–Tip: "I" shaped glue is on the hair tip ready to be attached by using cooper/aluminum micro links.
5. Fusion: (Hot glue gun method) the extension hair is attached directly onto your own hair using heated glue stick.
6. Adhesive skin weft “taped”: this method can be applied to areas were volume or length is needed, adhesive is already on the hair extension.
7. Bonding: Bond glue is applied onto the weft of the hair extension, press the glue-side of the weft ¼ of an inch from the root.
8. Clip on: A process in which the extension hair is pre-cut and has clips attached on the weft to clip on and off to your own hair.
Q: How much hair is needed for a full head?
A: Usually for a full head weave, you will need 6-8 ounces depending on length of the hair, size of the head and/or type of hair style.
Q: Can I color my extensions?
A: Human hair extensions can be colored but it’s not recommended to lift color. However, human hair extensions have been chemically processed. And so, it is not suggested to dye them. If you must color the human hair extensions, an option would be to buy a lighter color than what you are looking for and then use a semi-permanent color to darken the hair color. The depositing process is less harsh on the hair than lifting the color. Synthetic hair extensions cannot be colored.
Q: How long do extensions last?
A: The longevity of the hair will depend on the method used to apply the extensions, quality of the hair, how fast the hair grows and how well the hair has been taken care of. With daily wear, most weaving, sewing on extensions can last for approx. 4-8 weeks. Were fusion methods can last approximately 2- 3 months.
Q: Will extension hair damage my own hair?
A: Hair extensions will not damage your own hair as long as it is done properly by a professional and proper hair care is followed.
Q: Can I re-use extension hair?
A: It is possible. Depending on how the hair is taken care of, it can be re-used. When reusing hair it is suggested to purchase Remy hair quality.
Q: Do I get a special discount for beautician or cosmetology student?
A: First you will need to send your cosmetologist license to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it with ATTN : Online Dept. at the top to (909)982-0196. You will get 10% off your total purchase.
Q: Do you have an extension class?
A: We do offer an extension class at our Upland location. For more information on how to register in the next available class, please call us at 909.982.0136.